Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dear Silence,


Oh silence,
Shout your worries for an instance
Allow me to hear the melody of your voice
Give me a taste of truth’s song.
My ears have only heard strangeness:
[The tick-tocking of man-made clocks, iron wired boxes… the slowly shriveling lie of Never-Ending we stuff into our mouths so that we may never be hungry]
...And my ears long for your reality
Tell me of your consciousness
Whisper into the beating heart between my ribs the lullabies I've held in confinement for eternity
I no longer want to feel as though I am a silhouette of moving lips and no sound sinking into shadow
Oh air; air that hovers around me,
Tell me, can I feel the waves of my words travel through you? Can I feel their echoes dance around the charges of my fingers? Can I prove the presence of my thoughts to the mortals like me?
Oh earth that I tread, does your sand blow as I walk in response to my pleas?
Oh sky, does the moon truly follow the wanderings of my soul? And does the sun really shine to greet my waking?
Dear Silence, your presence has been an obstruction. Show me your sincerity and allow your screams to travel past my lips and penetrate the existences of every other Silence that lives within us.
The beating heart will wither and the imprint of your lips on it will soon fade into nothingness as well. So, rather, I plead… do not merely mark your fingers with the crimson of blood.
…Oh silence, touch souls.

2 comments: